Sunday, December 12, 2010

for mom, for me

One of my recent assignments at The Mash gave me the opportunity to interview fashion connoisseurBobbie Thomas. She was this year's host for the Liz Claiborne collection at JcPenney. Upbeat gal. Great preview.


(Photo courtesy of contactmusic.com.)


"Bobbie Thomas, Style Editor for NBC’s Today Show and blogger on bobbiet.com, made an appearance at Lombard’s JcPenney to host this year’s fall Liz Claiborne collection preview. She focused heavily on layers and playing with patterns. Although she recognizes the Claiborne collection mainly targets older women, she says in putting together the outfits she tried to give the collection “a youthful nod.”

What are your favorite trends you used in the preview?
I love layers. I experimented with different lengths and different textures. I also like that these pieces independently can stand on their own as a staple or a classic, but I do think they have a little of a current contemporary edge to them.



(Photo courtesy of life.com.)

 
Material fashion aside, what do you think it takes to be a stylist?
I think it’s really important to get to know people. Sometimes, we stare so much at clothes. The more you get to know who you are dressing as a stylist, the better stylist you are going to be. Style is self-expression and you are supposed to help the person wear a layer which is an extension of who they are.


(Photo courtesy of examiner.com.)

 
What do you think is the must-have fashion item this season?
I think the biggest fashion must-have any season, any year, any age is confidence. If I had to pick something for this season that I see so much of, I think right now sweaters are making a statement. In general, we are seeing a comeback of the statement sweater. Even for men, it is the Cosby sweater is kind of back. It is really cool seeing guys wear the sweater vests. People are having fun with textures, layers, and quirky prints."                                                                                                               






No comments: