Monday, March 1, 2010

alice in fashionland

I'm not a die hard fan for the whole Alice in Wonderland theme. The new movie coming out soon kinda gives me the creepies. Johnny Depp always does a great job at getting into character and thus, most of the time, gives me a nightmare or two.

Then again, the underlying meaning behind Alice in Wonderland is meant to be scary in a way. Behind the enchanted story there's said to be sexual references, Freudian psychology (references to the id and ego) as well as political satire. I don't want to get off topic but if you're interested in that kind of stuff I'd refer you to http://www.alice-in-wonderland.net/alice8.html. Interesting stuff.

Anyways, I've seen both Alice and Wonderland in 2010 trends and makeup themes that I do like. They might even be of inspiration for some of my future outfits, makeup and accessories.

TRINKETS

Cherished Trinkets Alice in Wonderland charm bracelet.

There is, of course, the people that decide to take this theme all the way. You gotta admit though, that charm bracelet is one piece of work.



SEPHORA


Disney Alice in Wonderland Palette (Limited Edition)

Overall, Sephora has pretty reliable makeup. And this palette on the contrary to the movie, is to die for. It has beautiful, vibrant colors as well your spring essentials like peach, neutral and coral colors.


FOREVER 21


Bunny Noggin' Ring

White Rabbit, much? It sure reminded me of him. I don't wear rings often since I'm always writing or have my hands busy, but this one is pretty cute even for a person with a lot on her hands.


Veiled bow headband.

This bow can't possible scream Alice any louder. The blue mimics the color of her dress and the veil adds a modern, rocker chic element to it. And. Big bows are definitely in this season.

Darla Shoulder Bag

Call it a stretch, but this red shoulder bag right off the bat reminded me of the Queen of Hearts.


TARGET


Rodarte for Target blue lace dress. 

Why, hello Alice's dress. Nice of you to join us. Looks like you added lace and leopard print to your dress to welcome the new season.

BURBERRY

Burberry Prorsum Spring 2010 blue drape dress

And there it is again! I love the draping in the bottom portion of the dress.





FTC: No, I'm not affiliated with any of the following companies nor did I get paid by them to mention their products in any way. If I ever wanted to commit to "coercive monopoly" I'd be at your doors shoving cakey makeup products in your faces. And I'm not one to like traveling from to door to door. Or cakey makeup products. Cheers.



No comments: