Monday, March 1, 2010

something about cali sun

[sak-ruh-men-toh]. I like the way that rolls off my tongue. Effortlessly. No lofty letters to get in the way. No wrong way to pronounce it, really. There's something about California in general that's very calming. Intriguing. Hypnotic, almost.



Old Sacramento bridge.

This summer I decided to take a trip over there to meet some of my relatives. It took me a while to convince Mom and Dad to let me go on my own.




       
Turns out, my cousin is a photographer. I'm not as camera crazy as he is.


  But since I was covering the costs, they decided it'd be a good "life learning" experience. Little did I know these would two of the best weeks of my entire summer.



Old Sacramento sunset.

I did a little tour seeing and what not. California sunsets are something special. You just can't get these views in the city.


Old Sacramento Sweets Shop.

Honestly, some of the best sweets I've had in my life. In this case, the price really did pay off.



Yosemite National Park.

Then, we spent the weekend over at Yosemite National Park. As a city girl, I've never spent a night in plain wilderness. But hey, there's a first time for everything.



Meet my distant cousin, Mia. What a belle.

Props to my cousin. He was there to capture every moment and then was awesome enough to make a CD with all the pictures on it.



Kissy face or just Beto. 

Then there's the people. My relatives did everything possible to make me feel at home.

Valerie give or take The Little Monster.

When you bond with people and instantly click, I'd take it as a good sign.



View from somewhere near Glacier Point at Yosemite.

I even faced my fear of heights by taking a hike trail leading thousands of feet below.




My cousins and I near Glacier Point.

Gotta love these guys. They spoiled me my entire time there from amazing hamburger places at two in the morning to taking me shopping around town.





[sak-ruh-men-toh]. I like the way that rolls off my tongue. Effortlessly. There's just something about California that's very calming. Intriguing. Hypnotic, almost.

I'm so going back there. Soon.


No comments: